Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lost

The silence fills my empty soul
Making it more barren than before.
No gentle breezes make me feel adored
I am dying in eternal cold.

Though many an hour and day I've searched
I find no way to escape this place.
While I float in endless darkened space
My feet yearn for a solid perch.

Will no one come and find me here?
Is there none to light my darkness?
My hearts fire glimmers less and less
As I let slip what I hold dear.

How can I hold on
When I know that they must leave
Why am I always left to believe
That we will meet anon?

I must confess both here and now
My faith has been tested too much!
I cannot live without human touch,
But I protect myself as I know how.

I hold others at arms length
I rarely let them see inside
For I know they will not long abide
Once I've shown my lonely strength.

And so I keep it in myself hidden
Blocked behind a chink filled wall.
So many things shall be my downfall,
But who can say the where or when?

No comments: